Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Episode 19: Dog Dad


Kevin Spacey was turned into the household cat this past summer, in a film that was apparently terrible. For me, I think the notion of "Dog Dad" was rolling around in my head long before. In my notebooks you might see the concept pegged as, "Family romp a la Freaky Friday pursued to remorselessly dismal conclusion." Because those are the sorts of things one would find in my notebooks.





So this time around the idea was not to be original, and to play on familiar templates. I could even add that Dog Dad is a "spiritual ancestor" (as narrowly distinguished from self-repetition!) of a story I wrote around 15 years ago called "That Goddamned Dog!". It formed part of my book Platitudes for a Life in Hell, and I eventually made it into this little video.

No comments:

Post a Comment